Associate Professor, Montpellier SupAgro, département Biologie et Ecologie
Thematic group : Origin and characterization of biodiversity
- Since January2003 Associate Professor, Montpellier SupAgro/CBGP – department Biology and Ecology
- 2002 – 2003 Postdoc position, European Biological Control Laboratory (USDA)
- 2000 – 2002 Postdoc position, CSIRO European Laboratory
- 1999 - 2000 Postdoc position LECA (CNRS)
I am currently shifting between two different research themes. I am still involved in programs addressing questions around the genomic architecture of adaptation and speciation but I am moving towards the characterization of communities in ecosystems and the understanding of the underlying interactions that rule the systems. The current research programs in which I am involved reflect this ongoing evolution.
- Project ANR Bioadapt GENESIS (2014-2017) : role of GENetic diversity and phenotypic plasticity in adaptations to changing Environments: a genomic analySIS of a biological invasion.
- Phylogeography and insect pests (2015-2016). Co-responsible for the project. Co-responsible for a postdoc.
- Projet étendard STRADIV (2015-2018) : System approach for the TRAnsition to bio-DIVersified agroecosystems, from process analysis to multi-scale co-conception with actors. Work-package co-leader . Responsible for a postdoc.
- Project from department SPE INRA (2014-2015). High throuput genotyping on viral amplicons : tools and methods towards integrating intra-host processes in vegetal epidemiology. In charge of molecular characterization of the co-infections.
- Project aimed at developping a diagnostic tool and studythe genetic diversity for the phytoparasitic nematode specis Meloidogyne hapla using multiple molecular approaches. Co-responsiblefor a Master 2 student internship.
Beyond those main themes, I am involved in several methodological projects implying the used and development of methods based on high throuput sequencing technologiesin the context of biodiversity characterization.
Teaching at Montpellier SupAgro (198 hours)
- Population genetics, evolution and ecology level L3 and M1.
- Co-responsible for module M1 Biodiversity Conservation
- Co-responsible for module M1 Population Genetics
- participant in the project MOOC NECTAR with a training module focused on environmental barcoding
- Leader for the project PIPSA GENPOP : french speaking e-learning level L3 with focus on population genetics
- NextGen european Workshop. Trainer on HTS methodologies and amplicon sequencing
- Elected member of the council at Department Biology and Ecology, Montpellier SupAgro
- Elected member of the professors council, Montpellier SupAgro
Significatant publications during the last five years
Antoine Fraimout, Anne Loiseau, Donald K. Price, Anne Xuéreb, Jean-François Martin, Renaud Vitalis, Simon Fellous, Vincent Debat, Arnaud Estoup: New set of microsatellite markers for the spotted-wing Drosophila suzukii (Diptera: Drosophilidae): A promising molecular tool for inferring the invasion history of this major insect pest. European Journal of Entomology 07/2015;
Gregory Mollot, Pierre-François Duyck, Pierre Lefeuvre, Françoise Lescourret, Jean-François Martin, Sylvain Piry, Elsa Canard, Philippe Tixier: Cover Cropping Alters the Diet of Arthropods in a Banana Plantation: A Metabarcoding Approach. PLoS ONE 04/2014; 9(4):e93740. DOI:10.1371/journal.pone.0093740
S Piry, E Guivier, A Realini, J-F Martin: |SE|S|AM|E| Barcode: NGS-oriented software for amplicon characterization - application to species and environmental barcoding. Molecular Ecology Resources 07/2012; 12(6):1151-7. DOI:10.1111/j.1755-0998.2012.03171.x
Emese Meglécz, Nicolas Pech, André Gilles, Jean-François Martin, Michael G Gardner: A shot in the genome: how accurately do shotgun 454 sequences represent a genome?. BMC Research Notes 05/2012; 5(1):259. DOI:10.1186/1756-0500-5-259
Malé Pierre-Jean G, Martin Jean-François, Galan Maxime, Deffontaine Valérie, Bryja Josef, Cosson Jean-François, Michaux Johan, Charbonnel Nathalie: Discongruence of Mhc and cytochrome b phylogeographical patterns in Myodes glareolus (Rodentia: Cricetidae). Biological Journal of the Linnean Society 04/2012; 105(4):881-899. DOI:10.1111/j.1095-8312.2011.01799.x
Malausa Thibaut, Gilles André, Meglécz Emese, Blanquart Hélène, Duthoy Stéphanie, Costedoat Caroline, Dubut Vincent, Pech Nicolas, Castagnone-Sereno Philippe, Délye Christophe, Feau Nicolas, Frey Pascal, Gauthier Philippe, Guillemaud Thomas, Hazard Laurent, Le Corre Valérie, Lung-Escarmant Brigitte, Malé Pierre-Jean G, Ferreira Stéphanie, Martin Jean-François: High-throughput microsatellite isolation through 454 GS-FLX Titanium pyrosequencing of enriched DNA libraries.. Molecular Ecology Resources 07/2011; 11(4):638-44.
Malausa Thibaut, Gilles André, Meglécz Emese, Blanquart Hélène, Duthoy Stéphanie, Costedoat Caroline, Dubut Vincent, Pech Nicolas, Castagnone-Sereno Philippe, Délye Christophe, Feau Nicolas, Frey Pascal, Gauthier Philippe, Guillemaud Thomas, Hazard Laurent, Le Corre Valérie, Lung-Escarmant Brigitte, Malé Pierre-Jean G, Ferreira Stéphanie, Martin Jean-François: High-throughput microsatellite isolation through 454 GS-FLX Titanium pyrosequencing of enriched DNA libraries. Mol Ecol Res. Molecular Ecology Resources 07/2011; 11(4):638-44. DOI:10.1111/j.1755-0998.2011.02992.x
André Gilles, Emese Meglécz, Nicolas Pech, Stéphanie Ferreira, Thibaut Malausa, Jean-François Martin: Accuracy and quality assessment of 454 GS-FLX Titanium pyrosequencing. BMC Genomics 12:245. BMC Genomics 05/2011; 12(1):245. DOI:10.1186/1471-2164-12-245